All public Richmond and Henrico Health Districts COVID-19 vaccination events are now available on a walk-up basis to any eligible person. Though scheduling a time to be vaccinated is not required anymore, residents still can do so if they choose by visiting vax.rchd.com or calling (804) 205-3501.
“Our COVID-19 vaccination events have more appointments available for a variety of reasons- significant progress in the vaccination effort, increased community supply, more vaccination opportunities at pharmacies and doctors’ offices, and some hesitancy,” said RHHD Nurse Manager Amy Popovich. “Because of this, we can be less reliant on our registration systems. We can accommodate more individuals at our events who do not have an appointment scheduled in advance.”
Planned RHHD vaccination events that will accept walk-ups in the next week will take place:
- Thursday, May 13, 9 am to 11 am – Trinity Baptist Church (2811 Fendall Ave., Richmond 23222), Moderna;
- Thursday, May 13, 2 pm to 3 pm – Fairfield Resource Center (2506 Phaup St., Richmond 23223), Moderna;
- Friday, May 14, 11 am to 3 pm – Virginia Union University (1359 W Graham Rd., Richmond 23220), Pfizer;
- Tuesday, May 18, noon to 5 pm – George Wythe High School (4314 Crutchfield St., Richmond, VA, 23225), Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson;
- Wednesday, May 19, 8 am to 4 pm – Richmond International Raceway (600 E. Laburnum Ave., Henrico 23222), Pfizer;
- Wednesday, May 19, 9 am to noon – Peter Paul Development Center (1708 N. 22nd St, Richmond 23223), Moderna;
- Wednesday, May 19, 3 pm to 6 pm – George Wythe High School (4314 Crutchfield St., Richmond 23225), Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson;
- Thursday, May 20, 8 am to 4 pm – Richmond International Raceway (600 E. Laburnum Ave., Henrico 23222), Pfizer;
- Friday, May 21, 11 am to 3 pm – Virginia Union University (1359 W. Graham Rd., Richmond 23220), Pfizer.
Additional events may be added and will be posted at vax.rchd.com.
Henrico Emergency Management Chief Jackson Baynard told the Henrico Board of Supervisors Tuesday night that once the Centers for Disease Control authorizes the use of the Pfizer vaccine in children 12 to 15 years old, the county intends to extend the hours of walk-up vaccinations at the raceway from 4 p.m. to to 6 p.m.
In addition to attending an RHHD COVID-19 vaccination event, a number of other walk-up opportunities are available at pharmacies, and people may schedule vaccinations at other sites, too. Visit vaccines.gov to find a COVID-19 vaccine near you.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.