As a growing online news outlet, we’re looking to grow our team! If you’re as passionate about Richmond as we are and are a creative, driven go-getter, we want to talk to you. Take a look at our open positions below. New to RVAHub? Read this page first to get to know us and what makes us tick. We look forward to hearing from you!
Online Ad Sales Representative
Part time/flexible (15-20 hours per week preferred)
RVAHub.com is a growing online news publication offering city-wide coverage of news, local events, food and beer news, local government coverage, and much more as well as six hyper-local neighborhood news sections spanning Metro Richmond. The company is seeking a Part-Time Online Advertising Sales Representative. The chosen candidate will sell available ad inventory to current and potential advertising clients across a wide array of industries in Central Virginia. Training on ad inventory and company practices will be provided. This is a commission-based, contract position.
- Develop and maintain sales leads (both warm leads to be provided and cold calls/emails) and follow up as necessary to close sales
- Identify prospects, customers, and referral sources, while developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all parties
- Devise creative and unique marketing campaigns to fit clients’ needs and reach target customers through use of available online ad inventory and orchestrate online contests, sponsorship opportunities of website columns and content, and use other creative tactics to both provide maximum value to advertisers and deliver maximum revenue for the company
- Provide metrics to advertisers with information on their ad campaign’s performance and negotiate ad contract extensions at the end of each campaign
- Create, update, and send client ad contracts (a fluid template will be provided)
- Invoice clients for ad inventory and other sponsorships via QuickBooks Online (training will be provided if necessary)
- Provide bi-weekly updates (via phone or in-person) to website editor on sales leads, marketing initiatives, and other activities related to the position
- Two (2) or more years of successful outside commission-based sales experience (digital ad sales and online marketing experience is a plus)
- Self-driven, motivated individual with a winning, positive attitude and a desire to make an impression and move the needle in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in digital advertising and social media marketing
- Existing network of clients or potential leads in the Richmond Metro area
- Skilled at cold calling and securing sales from small, local businesses and national corporations alike, and a solid understanding of the nuances thereof
- Capable of seeking out and participating in relevant local networking events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- Knowledge of the Richmond market, its major advertisers, and a sound understanding of the needs of (especially) local businesses is a plus
- Proficiency in the Google G Suite line of online word processing and collaboration tools is a plus (training can be provided)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online a plus, though training can be provided to the right candidate
Hours and Compensation:
This is a part-time, contract, commission-based position with a competitive commission rate of 15%. Hours are flexible, though the ideal candidate will be willing to commit a minimum of 15 hours per week to position-related duties. The chosen candidate will be subject to a probationary period of ninety (90) days.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references to [email protected] with the subject line “Online Sales Rep.” No phone calls, please.
Boulevard Creative, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Boulevard Creative, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.