In November, all 140 seats in Virginia’s General Assembly are up for election. Currently, the Republicans hold a two-seat margin in both chambers. Before we get to the big show in November the parties must choose their candidates, thus a primary on Tuesday, June 11th.
There are 16 State Senate primary elections, 11 Democrat and five Republican. Five of them involve districts in Central Virginia. There are 19 House of Delegates primaries statewide, 12 Democrat and seven Republican. Two of them involve districts near metro-Richmond.
The Virginia Mercury has three articles on the primary.
- A Southwest Virginia primary streetfight mirrors Republican divisions statewide
- Primary Tuesday: Republicans fight over abortion and guns, a Democrat tries for an AOC-style upset and Soros pours $1M into prosecutors races
- Virginia Explained: State’s primary process is ‘something of a free for all’
Our area primaries for Senate Districts:
10th District – Currently held by Republican Glen Sturtevant
11th District – Currently held by Republican Amanda Chase
12th District – Currently held by Republican Siobhan Dunnavant
16th District – Currently held by Democrat Rosalyn Dance
- Rosalyn Dance (Incumbent)
- Joe Morrissey (Yes that Joe Morrissey and I was unable to find his campaign website)
Our area primaries for House Representatives.
62nd House District – currently held by Republican Riley E. Ingram.
68th House District – currently held by Democrat Dawn Adams