The second Richmond area Kroger store to support the grocer’s new online ordering service, ClickList, opened Thursday, May 12th in Midlothian, the company announced. The store, located at 3001 Polo Parkway, allows shoppers to order their groceries online and pick them up in-store. RVANews’ Richard Hayes detailed the service back in February.
The next store to offer the service will be the Short Pump location at 11895 West Broad Street, beginning in mid-June. Kroger also announced additional stores at which the service will soon be available:
- Kroger Marketplace – 10800 Iron Bridge Road, Chester, VA 23831 (Opened March 2016)
- Kroger – 3001 Polo Parkway Midlothian, VA 23113 (Opening May 2016)
- Kroger – 11895 West Broad Street, Henrico, VA 23233 (Opening June 2016)
- Kroger – 14101 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23113
- Kroger – 13201 Rittenhouse Drive, Midlothian, VA 23112
- Kroger Marketplace – 7000 Tim Price Way, North Chesterfield, VA 23225
- Kroger Marketplace – 9000 Staples Mill Road, Henrico, VA 23228
- Kroger Marketplace – 9351 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Kroger – 12726 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester, VA 23831
- Kroger – 1510 Eastridge Road, Richmond, VA 23229
- Kroger – 3507 W. Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23221
Additional details from the news release:
At each opening, Kroger will offer an introductory special and waive the online shopping fee of $4.95 for a customer’s first three orders. Each ClickList location offers more than 40,000 items, including fresh meat and produce, with new items added every week.
“We are excited to announce the next ClickList location and the remaining seven that will open in the Richmond market,” said Anne Jenkins, spokesperson for Kroger’s Mid-Atlantic Division. “Our customers tell us how something as simple as online grocery shopping has transformed their daily life. That feedback is what keeps us wanting to innovate and bring solutions to our shoppers’ everyday lives.”
To use the ClickList service, the customer logs in to their account, creates their shopping list, selects a pick-up time and then places an order. Once an order is placed, a Kroger store associate shops the store to fulfill the order and stores it in temperature-appropriate zones until the customer arrives. When the customer arrives to the designated pick-up area a store associate loads the order into the customer’s car.