The City, in cooperation with GRTC Transit System, wants to involve residents in balancing the city’s many transit goals and needs. Implementation of Bus Rapid Transit – GRTC Pulse – has created new enthusiasm for transit in the city, and raises important questions about how the rest of the transit routes can best serve the city once the Pulse begins operations.
The City invites residents, businesses and stakeholders to a series of public meetings that will be the first of three phases of outreach as part of the Richmond Transit Network Plan. This plan will analyze the current bus routes and ask the public to weigh tradeoffs in how transit could serve the city. In future phases, the study team will develop a range of route options for the city’s bus routes and seek feedback from the community on those route options. The result of the technical assessment and community process will be a Transit Network Plan for the City of Richmond that will provide recommendations on the city’s bus routes that may be implemented beginning in 2017.
Four public meetings have been scheduled to kick off the planning process. The meetings will offer the community an opportunity to:
- Learn details of the planning process.
- Discover how the transit system has been performing in Richmond.
- Understand how transit in Richmond compares to other regions.
- Learn how different transit goals might affect the design of a network of bus
- Consider tradeoffs in how a network of bus routes can be designed.
- Provide feedback on what goals transit should be trying to achieve.
- Have discussions with the project team.
The public is welcome to attend any of these public meetings:
Public meeting locations are accessible to persons with disabilities. The City of Richmond strives to provide reasonable accommodations and services for persons who require assistance to participate. For special assistance, residents should call Amy Inman at (804) 646-5871 or TDD 711 at least 72 hours in advance of each meeting. Si usted necesita servicios de traducción a participar, por favor manda un email: [email protected]