The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts will host an Ability Job Fair on October 30th from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM in the museum’s Atrium, it was announced late last week. This is the second job fair hosted by VMFA, which plans to hold job fairs every two years.
There will be more than 16 participating employers, along with resource tables, to welcome and connect with job seekers. In attendance are state agencies, higher education institutions and companies, including Dominion Energy, Capital One, The Martin Agency and Ulta Beauty. VMFA encourages persons with different abilities, as well as veterans, to attend the job fair, but all job seekers are welcome to attend.
“We welcome job seekers of all abilities. VMFA is an active participant in helping people to find work,” says Kimberly Wilson, Deputy Director for Human Resources, Volunteers and Community Service. “All Americans deserve to be given equal access to jobs and the right to work.”
VMFA is committed to opening the museum’s doors to people from different backgrounds, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and abilities. The museum’s goal is to create a welcoming world-class cultural destination for visitors, volunteers, and staff where inspiration, community, and wonder are possible for everyone.
“Diversity and inclusivity are an important part of the hiring practices at VMFA,” says Alex Nyerges, Director and CEO of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. “We welcome employees of all backgrounds and know the important contributions they make to the museum. And through the Ability Job Fair, VMFA is proactively seeking an array of job candidates.”
The following employers will be present at the Ability Job Fair:
- Department of Human Resource Management
- Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- Science Museum of Virginia
- Department of Military Affairs
- Department of Veterans Services
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Virginia Community College System
- Virginia Hispanic Chamber
- Dominion Energy
- Capital One
- Sodexo at HCA Healthcare System
- Goodwill Central and Coastal Virginia
- Ulta Beauty
- Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (Resource Table)
- ABLEnow (Resource Table)
- The Martin Agency
- Soar365 (Formerly Greater Richmond ARC)
Learn more about the job fair here.