The Basketball Tournament (TBT) – the $2 million, summer basketball event televised live on ESPN networks – today (yesterday) revealed the game schedule for the 2019 tournament.
TBT’s 64 teams will compete at eight Regional sites over the final two weekends in July, with the Regional winners advancing to Championship Week in Chicago Aug. 1-6. TBT will culminate with a winner-take-all game for $2 million at Wintrust Arena on Aug. 6.
“ESPN took a chance on TBT by streaming our first ever championship game in 2014 and we’ve been with them ever since,” said Jon Mugar, founder and CEO of TBT. “It’s hard to believe we’ve gone from 2 hours streaming in 2014 to all TBT games available on the ESPN App and 48 hours on linear TV in 2019. It’s a testament to their commitment to the event and how our relationship has grown.”
TBT 2019 will feature more than 60 players with NBA experience, 23 college alumni teams and international professionals playing in top leagues across the world. More than 20 Division I college players who finished their eligibility in 2019 will suit up for the single-elimination, 5-on-5 tournament. Fans also are rewarded, as the top 1,000 fans of the winning team share $200,000. And new this year, each of the eight Regional champions will earn a prize equal to 25 percent of that Region’s ticket sales. The Wichita Regional prize purse alone is nearly $60,000.
Tickets for all TBT game days and events are on sale now. For more information, contact [email protected].
Local Schedule Richmond Regional – July 26-28 – Siegel Center
Friday, July 26
- 3 p.m. – (4) Best Virginia (West Virginia) vs. (5) Seven City Royalty (ODU) (ESPN3)
- 4:50 p.m. – (1) Overseas Elite vs. (8) Hilltop Dawgs (UMBC) (ESPN3)
- 6:40 p.m. – (3) Green Machine (George Mason) vs. (6) The Web (Richmond) (ESPN3)
- 8:30 p.m. – (2) Ram Nation (VCU) vs. (7) Team DRC (ESPN3)
Saturday, July 27
- 5 p.m. – Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 winner (ESPN3)
- 7 p.m. – Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 winner (ESPN3)
Saturday, July 27 – Regional Final
- 12 p.m. – Semifinal winners (ESPN)