Parking is nearly always a contentious issue for urban communities. The stories about parking are most often based on perceptions and stories repeated by neighbors. Recently the city and Richmond 300 commissioned a parking study to get facts about parking in seven different zones of Richmond. Richmond 300 in case you don’t remember is Mayor Stoney’s effort to update the city’s Master Plan.
Starting Tuesday, June 12th there will be meetings to discuss the study.
- June 12: 8-10A.M. Carytown – Studio Two Three, 3300 W. Clay St.
- June 12: 6:30-8:30 P.M. Six Points/Brookland Park Highland Park Senior Apartments, 1221 E. Brookland Park Blvd.
- June 13: 8:30-10:30 A.M. Scott’s Addition – Studio Two Three, 3300 W. Clay St.
- The Scott’s Addition meeting will also include a discussion about the Scott’s Addition Circulation Study.
- June 13: 6:30-8:30 P.M. The Fan – Richmond Central DMV, 2300 W. Broad St.
- June 14: 10A.M.-12 P.M. Downtown – Main Library, 101 E. Franklin St.
- Downtown includes Jackson Ward, Monroe Ward, Biotech/VCU Health District, Central Office, Capitol District, Shockoe Slip and Shockoe Bottom.
- June 14: 6:30-8:30 P.M. Manchester – Plant Zero Event Space, Zero E. 4th St.
- June 16: 10A.M.-12 P.M. Libbie/Grove/Patterson Richmond – Central DMV, 2300 W. Broad St.
- Share the parking data collected;
- Document community member’s parking concerns; and 3. Discuss the process to assess future demand and create parking recommendations. These meetings in June are the first of two rounds of public meeting about the Parking Study. At the second round of meetings, which will be in October 2018 (exact dates TBD), we will discuss parking policy recommendations. If you cannot attend these June meetings but still want to learn about this study, contact us at [email protected] or 646-6348. You can also attend Office Hours from 3-5P.M. on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at City Hall (900 E. Broad St, Room 511). As part of the city-wide Master Plan update, the City is commissioning this Parking Study. Join the Richmond 300 email list to get updates about the Parking Study and the Master Plan update process at richmond300.com
Check out the flyer (PDF) for more information.