Late, late notice I know but hopefully you’ve got time to change your evening plans and join in with several hundred fellow cyclists. Breakaway RVA organizes social bike rides around the city during the summer months.
These are casual affairs meant for socializing and learning new thing about your city. There are various starting points around the city so it’s easy for nearly everyone to take part. One thing that makes these rides truly unique is that the midway destination is kept secret. Only your ride guide knows where you’ll all be heading and he/she will lead the way. Once at the midway destination you’ll have a chance to talk, learn, and perhaps catch your breath if this is the first time you’ve been on your bike this year.
Full details and registration at Breakaway RVA:
Get excited for the debut of Breakaway RVA during national Bike Month! We have a whole agenda of fun lined up and remember- events are kid friendly!
Bikes are wheels up at 6 PM. Please arrive between 5:45 PM – 6 PM.
Midpoint: always a surprise!
This month’s end location for your planning needs: Chimborazo Playground (30th Street and E. Grace-ish).
Things to bring:
- Check your bike to make sure it’s in working order!
Remember: starting locations will remain the same all year!
- West End: VMFA (200 N. Boulevard) – meet at the bike racks near the main entrance
- East End: Chimborazo Park (3200 E. Broad St.) – meet on the park side near 32nd St. and E. Broad St.
- Northside: MacArthur Ave. (4009 MacArthur Ave.) – meet near the Once Upon a Vine Parking lot
- Southside: Outpost (4813 Forest Hill Ave.) – meet in front of Outpost
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.