Fall is a great time for planting and a great place getting those plants is at the Lewis Ginter Fall PlantFest.
Not only are there dozens of vendors there are actual, living, breathing, knowledgeable Garden volunteers help you choose your best plants. No more depending on the itty-bitty text on a piece of plastic stuck into the dirt.
The sale runs three days. Thursday 4-7 PM, Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM; Saturday, 9 AM – 3 PM
A few tips we’d like to pass along.
- Bring your own wagon. This is especially true if you’re buying a large amount. Hauling plants when you’ve got your wagon handy makes it much easier.
- Please support the vendors. A portion of the vendor proceeds is donated to the Garden.
- No admission fee required for PlantFest; regular admission to visit the Garden
- The full list of vendors.
- Nearby Final Gravity is hosting their 2nd Anniversary on Saturday. This would make for an excellent stop after looking at plants or a suitable spot to temporarily leave the partner that doesn’t have the same passion for plants.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.