Three year old wakes up family during house fire on Evelyn Byrd

Three year old wakes up family during house fire on Evelyn Byrd

Thankfully nobody was injured in the fire.

A family of four has their house damaged but nobody was harmed in part due to the youngest member of the household.

Details from NBC12:

The call came in around 5:55 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a fire in the 5000 block of Evelyn Byrd Road. When crews arrived on the scene, they saw fire coming out of the home.

Fire officials say a three-year-old woke up the rest of the family after seeing something strange. The power went off, as well as the downstairs smoke detector.

According to fire crews, the family went to a neighbor’s home to cal 911.

The fire was ruled as electrical in nature, and fire officials say it started in the basement from a panel box up on the wall. Most of the damage came from that box. However, there is also some smoke and water damage. The building inspector is on his way to the scene to assess the damage.

Comments

comments

About Richard Hayes 2166 Articles

Richard Hayes is the co-founder of RVAHub. When he isn’t rounding up neighborhood news, he’s likely watching soccer or chasing down the latest and greatest board game and/or beer.