The 46th running of the Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon will take place this Saturday, November 11, along with the CarMax Richmond Half Marathon and VCU Health Richmond 8k. The event kicks off with the Walmart Health & Fitness Expo at the Richmond Raceway infield area. The expo is open Thursday, November 9, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, November 10, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Expo attendees should use Gate 4 or Gate 6 when entering the raceway complex. A photo ID, or QR code, is required to pick up race packets, and participants may pick up a race packet for another pre-registered runner, provided they have a copy of their photo ID. Registration for all three race distances is still available; participants can register online at www.RichmondMarathon.org and pick up their packet at the expo.
The expo will also include a ‘LIVE Run Richmond podcast with a panel of Run-fluencers!’ moderated by Lindsey Hine from I’ll Have Another and featuring Trevor Spencer, co-host of the Marathon Training Academy podcast, Martinus Evans from 300 Pounds and Running, Cynthia Vissers from Another Mother Runner, and Lisa Mitro from Rehab For Runners.
The panel will be about finding community in the running. It’ll cover how building relationships in the running world whether in-person or virtually, helps inspire confidence, friendship, and accountability. The session takes place at 3 p.m. on Friday on the Raceway’s Victory Lane Stage and is free and open to the public. The live show will then be published to panelists podcasts and on Sports Backers’ On The Move with Nan & Kam.
During the Walmart Health & Fitness Expo, Walmart’s licensed pharmacists will be onsite to provide health screenings including glucose, cholesterol, BMI, blood pressure, and vision, and will be able to vaccinate eligible attendees of the event. Anyone can visit Walmart Mobile Wellness during the expo on November 9 and November 10, and on Brown’s Island on Saturday, November 11, from 7 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Walmart will be offering a variety of low-cost immunizations, including the flu vaccine, while COVID vaccines will be available at no cost. Patients should bring their insurance card if they have one.
Following the races on Saturday is the CoStar Post Race Party on Brown’s Island with post-race food and drinks, as well as interactive sponsor and vendor booths. The CoStar Post Race Party is free and open to friends and family of participants as well. The post-race party runs until 2:30 p.m. Complete event details are available at www.RichmondMarathon.org.
2023 Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon Event Schedule
Thursday, November 9
- 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Walmart Health & Fitness Expo, packet pick-up, and walk-up registration at the Richmond Raceway infield area (expo attendees use Gate 4 or 6 to enter Raceway)
Friday, November 10
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Marathon Meet Up with Coach Jess & Lindsey Hein for coffee and a bit to eat at Stella’s Grocery (5802 Grove Avenue)
- 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Walmart Health & Fitness Expo, packet pick-up and walk-up registration at Richmond Raceway
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Goat Yoga at Richmond Raceway Pavilion 3 (www.goatyogarva.com to register)
- 3:00 p.m.: LIVE Run Richmond podcast with a panel of Run-fluencers!, hosted by Lindsey Hein and featuring guests Trevor Spencer, Martinus Evans, Cynthia Vissers, and Lisa Mitro (Victory Lane Stage)
Saturday, November 11
- 6 a.m. – 7:15 a.m.: Race-day registration at the Hilton Downtown (Broad St. and 6th Street entrance)
- 7:00 a.m.: Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon start at 1st and Broad St.
- 7:15 a.m.: CarMax Richmond Half Marathon start (Wave A) at 7th and Broad St.
- 7:30 a.m.: VCU Health Richmond 8k start at 8th and Broad St.
- 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.: CoStar Post Race Party at Brown’s Island and at the finish line (5th & Tredegar)
Click here for a map of the post-race party area
- 11:30 a.m.: Half Marathon course closes
- 2:00 p.m.: Marathon course closes
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.