Upcoming GRTC service changes will include a realignment of many routes to serve the new Downtown Transfer Station (DTS). The Downtown Transfer Station will open along with scheduled service adjustments on Sunday, September 10, 2023. The Temporary Transfer Plaza on 9th Street between Marshall and Leigh Streets will be retired from service.
There will be frequency adjustments on GRTC Pulse and Route 5. There will be Sunday service span adjustments on Routes 7A and 7B.
A public meeting regarding service changes will be held on Tuesday, August 29 at the Main Branch Richmond Public Library located at 101 E Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23219 from 5:30–6:30 pm.
Schedule previews with updated maps and trip times will be made available. Visit our Trip Planner to easily plan your next trip and download the GRTC Mobile App or Transit App for real-time bus arrival information. Changes to routes will display online beginning Sunday, September 10, 2023.
GRTC continues to offer on-demand service Monday through Sunday, 4:00–6:00 am and 11:00 pm–2:00 am for customers impacted by early morning and late-night service shifts. Customers can request two rides per day from one GRTC bus stop to another.
Bus rides and CARE services remain fare-free until further notice (excludes CARE On-Demand).
The following routes will have schedule adjustments:
- Downtown Transfer Station opens on Sunday, September 10. Routes 1, 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C, 3C, 5, 7A, 7B, 12, 14, 50, 56, 78, 87 relocate from the
- Temporary Transfer Plaza to serve the Transfer Station.
- GRTC Pulse – Frequency on Saturday improves to every 15 minutes all day until 11:30 pm. No adjustments to weekday or Sunday frequencies at this time.
- 5 (Cary/Main/Whitcomb) – Frequency on weekdays improves to every 15 minutes all day until 7:00 pm. No adjustments to weekend frequencies at this time.
- 7A (Nine Mile/Airport) – Sunday length of service expands to approximately 7:00 am to 11:00 pm instead of 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- 7B (Nine Mile/Laburnum/Airport) – Sunday length of service expands to approximately 7:00 am to 11:00 pm instead of 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.