With home renovation activity and spending at a four-year high, according to a 2022 U.S. Houzz & Home Survey, the Richmond Home Show at the Richmond Raceway Complex October 21-23, is your go-to source for ideas, on-the-spot guidance, and the latest and greatest products and services to help you kick-start your next home renovation project.
A few highlights of the 2022 show:
- Patric Richardson, the host of HGTV’s “The Laundry Guy” on Discovery+ and author of “Laundry Love” (now in its fourth printing), is on a mission to liven up laundry by helping you show some love to your apparel and home textiles! The Richmond Home Show is excited to welcome Patric to the 2022 show, where he’ll share his tips, tricks + secrets for laundering everything from your expensive cashmere sweater to the red wine spills on your couch. Many also know Patric from his much-talked-about, often sold-out Laundry Camps, where he taught new, better ways to care for apparel and home textiles. Early on, he studied Merchandising Apparel and Textiles at the University of Kentucky, then launched a career in luxury fashion at McAlpins, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom, and later, at his designer vintage store, Mona Williams. He has been featured nationally on “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” “The Tamron Hall Show,” “GMA3,” “NBC Today Show,” The Washington Post, Real Simple, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Martha Stewart Living. Find Patric at the Fresh Ideas Stage Friday, October 21, 5 PM and Saturday, October 22, 12 PM and 3 PM. He’ll also be signing copies of “Laundry Love,” with copies available to purchase.
- At the Fresh Ideas stage, you can meet home experts and get answers to your home improvement quandaries. Presentations include dog training sessions each day at 1 PM with Dog Training Elite. Visit the Richmond Animal League, and Richmond Ruff House exhibits for info on adopting a pup that needs a good home.
- “Get to Know the Home Experts with Susan Morgan, Managing Editor of R•Home Magazine”: Richmond Magazine’s Susan Morgan sits down with three home experts to answer a variety of your questions, from the best way to begin a home project to getting your home ready for winter. With Tina Kurtz of Mr. Fix It, Jamie Shea of ReFresh Cabinets, and Wes Gauvin of Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Happening Saturday, October 22, at 2 PM.
- The Marketplace: Shop The Marketplace for a variety of must-haves, from home décor to tasty treats!
— New Product Showcase: Get the inside track on the most innovative new products and services available now in the home industry. Watch for the ‘New Product Spotlight’ signs throughout the show.
- 100+ Total Exhibitors: The Richmond Home Show welcomes new exhibitors and old favorites to the show, from construction and renovation, garden and landscape, and heating and cooling, to flooring, home décor, kitchen and bath, roofing and gutters, and windows and doors, including Deck Creations, Herman W. Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, ReFresh Cabinets, Mr. Fix It, SlopePro Roofing, The Drying Company, Kitchen Doctors, Aikey’s Home Improvements, Capital Remodeling, Five Star Bath Solutions, Paramount Builders, Colonial Floors of Virginia, Luxury Pool & Spa, Exterior Source, Pella Window & Door, and lots more.
The 2022 Houzz & Home Survey also indicates that homeowners plan to spend roughly $15,000 this year to renovate their houses – a 50-percent increase over the $10,000 spent three years prior, a sign the home improvement market continues to boom in the post-COVID era.
Whether you’re refinishing your wood floors, constructing a new outdoor deck, adding a home office, finishing an attic or basement, need a new cabinet install, or all of the above, the 2022 Richmond Home Show has the experts, products, services, and advice local homeowners need to get home improvement projects started.
The Richmond Home Show, presented by Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, takes place at the Richmond Raceway Complex October 21-23, 2022, and features more than 100 home improvement experts under one roof. Hours are Friday and Saturday, 10 AM – 7 PM, and Sunday, 10 AM – 5 PM. Adult admission is $8 at the door, $6 online, and children 12 and under are free. Click here to learn more.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.