Score: VCU 0, ECU 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Sports Backers Stadium)
Records: VCU 1-1-4 , ECU 3-2-1
The short story: VCU controlled the offensive third with 18 total shots compared to ECU’s 10 but the Rams were unable to break the deadlock and the match ended in a 0-0 draw.
- VCU had four shots on goal compared to ECU’s three
- The Rams had seven corner kicks to ECU’s three
- Senior goalkeeper Whitney Horton recorded two saves and posted her second shutout of the week and third overall this season
- East Carolina’s goalkeeper Maeve English recorded four saves
- The Pirates committed 13 fouls including two yellow cards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams threatened early in the match with back-to-back shots by freshman midfielder Kendyl Sarver and junior forward Milica Bulatovic but they were both blocked
- East Carolina’s Carolina Gutirrez put a shot towards the net at the 43rd minute but VCU had multiple defenders in the box as the shot was deflected
- Redshirt-junior midfielder Anna Bagley had VCU’s best chance of the day when she put a shot on net that forced a tough save by the keeper in the 76th minute
VCU completes their five-game home stretch when Pitt comes to Sports Backers Stadium on Thursday, September, 8th at 7 p.m. Fans can follow along on ESPN+.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.