Roughly half-hour ago RMTA announced the bridge is back open.
Wednesday afternoon a water main broke on Nickel Bridge. The bridge remains closed while repairs take place. No official word on when it will be back open but NBC12 is saying it might be closed through Thursday night.
— Candice Smith (@CandiceNBC12) November 11, 2021
Street Closures and No Parking Zones Announced for Saturday’s Armstrong/Walker Classic Parade
Alumnae of Maggie L. Walker and Armstrong High Schools along with residents and businesses will revive a long-standing tradition, the Armstrong/Walker Classic Parade occurring this Saturday between 10 a.m. and 12 noon through the streets of downtown.
Towing will be enforced starting at 6 a.m. Saturday followed by street closures.
The Richmond Police Department is asking everyone to take safety precautions and drive with caution and care as families congregate for the celebration.
The following streets will be closed to public traffic from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, November 26:
- 8th Street @ Leigh Street
- 4th Street @ Leigh Street (West Bound and East Bound Lanes)
- 3rd Street @ Clay and 3rd and Jackson Street (No South Bound Traffic)
- 2nd Street @ Clay Street
- 1st Street @ Jackson Street
- Clay Street @ Saint James
- Adams @ Clay Street
- Leigh @ Adams (Traffic Control needed to allow traffic flow South Bound and North Bound during Parade-No left or Right Turns onto Leigh Street)
- Jackson Street @ St. Peters
- Judah Street @ West Duval
- West Clay @ Brook Road
- Belvidere and Leigh Street (Traffic Control needed to allow traffic flow South Bound and North Bound during Parade-No left or Right Turns onto Leigh Street)
- I-95 Exit Ramp to Leigh Street
- Goshen Street @ West Clay Street
- Hancock @ West Catherine
- Harrison @ West Catherine
- West Moore @ North Harrison
- West Catherine @ Norton
- West Catherine @ Kinney Street
- West Catherine @ Bowe Street
- Lombardy @ West Broad Street
- Lombardy @ Allen Avenue
- Lombardy @ Brook Road
- Admiral Street @ Brook Road
Information is subject to change. Please follow RPD on Twitter at @RichmondPolice.
Thanksgiving Meal for All
Thanksgiving is not easy for everyone.
Happening tomorrow from 11 am-2 pm! Join The Giving Heart for their annual Community Thanksgiving Feast. This event is free and open to those in the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area.
Mending Walls Artwork Stolen
Stealing this art makes no sense and just seems to be a hurtful act.
Spotted on the Mending Walls Facebook.
Mending Walls has been about bringing people together through creative means. It is baffling that someone would try to silence this conversation.
Our purpose is to inspire empathy and connection. We were very excited to invite you all to see the final display created by the wonderful local artist who we’ve been highlighting over the last couple of weeks in collaboration with St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (Richmond, VA)
The art was installed on November 17th and by the morning of the 18th artwork work was missing without a trace.
Events like this assures us that our work and purpose is causing change.
“If your voice had no power, they would not try to silence you.”
Mending Walls is a public art project that brings together public artists from different cultures and backgrounds to create murals that address where we are now in society and how we can move forward through understanding and collaboration. They’re responsible for many of the iconic murals you see in town.