Final Score: VCU 4, Old Dominion 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Sports Backers Stadium)
Records: VCU: 2-0, Old Dominion: 1-2
THE SHORT STORY:
Redshirt-junior midfielder Samantha Jerabek exploded for a second-half hat trick as VCU Women’s Soccer downed Old Dominion 4-0 on Thursday afternoon at Sports Backers Stadium.
- Junior midfielder Aileen Guthrie opened the scoring for the Rams in just the sixth minute with a right-footed, curling shot to the opposite post.
- Jerabek netted all three of VCU’s second half goals in the span of just 14 minutes.
- Redshirt-junior midfielder Emma Kershner set up two of VCU’s four goals.
- The Rams enjoyed 59 percent of possession.
- VCU placed six of their eight shots on target while the Monarchs only managed to put three shots on goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened scoring early while the back line held firm and preserved. The defense held the Monarchs without an attempt on goal in the first half.
- In the 54th minute of play, Jerabek dribbled into the penalty area before rifling a right-footed shot into the into the back of the net.
- Jerebek also converted on a 58th minute free-kick with a curling shot that sneaked in just under the crossbar.
- Once again, Jerabek scored from open play in the 70th minute to complete the first hat trick of her career.
The Rams are back in action Saturday, February 20th for a clash against East Carolina. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. ET at Sports Backers Stadium.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.