Thousands of people are expected to line Broad Street on Saturday for the 36th annual Dominion Energy Christmas Parade. Numerous street closures and “No Parking” zones will be in effect.
The parade will begin at 10:00 a.m. at the Science Museum of Virginia and proceed east on Broad Street toward Seventh Street. More than 100,000 spectators from across Virginia attend annually, according to parade organizers.
Major city thoroughfares such as Broad Street and Leigh Street will be affected. “No Parking” zones along the route will go into effect beginning at 5 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7 until 3 p.m.
The following roads will be closed beginning at 7 a.m. and remain in effect until approximately 2:00 p.m.
- West Broad Street between Terminal Place and North 8th Street
- DMV Drive between West Broad and West Leigh Streets
- West Leigh Street between Hermitage Road and Myers Street
- North 7th Street between East Broad and Jackson Streets
- East Leigh Street between 4th and 9th Streets
- East Marshall between 3rd and 7th Streets