Richmond 300 is the fancy marketing speak for the city of Richmond’s master plan.
The Master Plan (also known as the Comprehensive Plan) establishes a vision for the growth of the City and outlines place-based policy recommendations to guide its physical development. The City Planning Commission uses this document as a guide for decision making. The primary tools for implementing the vision set forth in the Master Plan are the capital improvement budget, public projects, and the zoning ordinance.
So as you can see the master plan has a massive impact on the direction our city will take. Everything from how much money should be spent on art to what kind of business or home can be built in your neighborhood.
In order to get input from the citizens, there will be seven forums this month starting tonight.
- Each Forum will include a 30-min presentation and 60-min of Q&A and open house.
- All Forums will present the same information.
- Children are welcome to attend the forums.
- Spanish-language translators will be available.
- If participants have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in the forum, email richmond300[at]richmondgov.com by September 23 to arrange accommodations.
A great opportunity to find out more about the planning process and give your input.