Twenty-five high schools from Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico counties, along with St. Gertrude High School and ECPI University, are hosting ceremonies June 4-15. An anticipated 400 to 7,000 attendees are expected at each event.
VCU Police has collaborated with VCU Parking and Transportation, the city of Richmond, the Richmond Police Department, Virginia State Police and the Virginia Department of Transportation to develop a plan to mitigate traffic impacts. GRTC has issued a service alert ahead of graduations.
“We’re actively working with our partners to secure the area around the Siegel Center to accommodate high volumes of pedestrian and vehicular traffic,” said VCU Police Capt. Jonathan Siok. “Safety is always at the forefront for us as thousands of guests are coming into the area and departing from our facilities.”
VCU Police and the Richmond Police Department will direct traffic at more than a dozen intersections, including those near Exit 76B (Belvidere Street) off Interstate 95 and along Belvidere and Broad streets west to Lombardy Street. As in previous years, digital signage in the area will encourage local drivers to take alternate routes during peak travel times.
No parking signs will be posted along West Marshall Street, between Bowe and North Harrison streets, behind the Siegel Center; towing enforcement will go into effect on June 4. This specific area will be reserved for buses to drop off graduates.
2019 Siegel Center Graduation Schedule
- St. Gertrude, 3 p.m.
- Thomas Dale (Chesterfield), 10 a.m.
- Midlothian (Chesterfield), 2:30 p.m.
- James River (Chesterfield), 7 pm..
- Meadowbrook (Chesterfield), 10:00 a.m.
- LC Bird (Chesterfield), 2:30 p.m.
- Clover Hill (Chesterfield), 7 p.m.
- Cosby (Chesterfield), 10 a.m.
- Manchester (Chesterfield), 2:30 p.m.
- Monacan (Chesterfield), 7 p.m.
- Deep Run (Henrico), 11 a.m.
- Freeman (Henrico), 3 p.m.
- Godwin (Henrico), 7 p.m.
- Hermitage (Henrico), 11 a.m.
- Tucker (Henrico), 3 p.m.
- Varina (Henrico), 11 a.m.
- Henrico (Henrico), 3 p.m.
- Highland Springs (Henrico), 7 p.m.
- ECPI, 1 p.m.
- New Kent, 7 p.m.
- Patrick Henry (Hanover), 8:30 a.m.
- Atlee (Hanover) , Noon
- Lee-Davis (Hanover), 3:30 p.m.
- Hanover (Hanover), 7 p.m.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.