Henrico County Public Schools’ spring edition of its Family Learning Series includes topics such as choosing child care; drug use among teens; and strengthening parent-child relationships.
The series is presented by Henrico Schools’ Department of Family and Community Engagement. Workshops are held at public libraries and school facilities across Henrico County.
Register for workshops by emailing Terry Talbott at [email protected] or by calling 804-652-3787. Parents, guardians, and Henrico County Public Schools staff members are welcome to register.
Recertification points will be awarded to teachers who attend. For details on the sessions, go to henricoschools.us and look under “Hot Topics” or go to https://henricoschools.us/family-learning-series-spring-2019-sessions/.
Henrico Schools Spring Family Learning Series
- “Choosing Quality Child Care”: April 16, 6-7:30 p.m.
- “Parent-Child Relationships: Actions that Matter”: April 17, noon-1:30 p.m.
- “And the Survey Says…” (workshop on the results of a survey on youth drug use in Henrico County): April 23, 6-7:30 p.m.
- “And the Survey Says…” (workshop on the results of a survey on youth drug use in Henrico County): April 24, noon-1:30 p.m.
- “Parent’s Voice in the Special Education Process”: April 30, 6-7:30 p.m.
- “Transition and Student IEPs”: May 7, noon-1:30 p.m.
- “Depression and Teenagers”: May 7, 6-7:30 p.m.
- “Medicaid Waivers”: May 8, noon-1:30 p.m.
- “Preparing for Life Beyond High School”: May 28, 6-7:30 p.m.