Innsbrook After Hours announced additions to its 2019 Summer Concert Series. Killer Queen and ABBA The Concert will perform July 24th and Chris Young will perform August 31st at the SERVPRO of Richmond Pavilion. Tickets for each show go on sale this Friday, April 19th, 2019 at 10:00 AM at www.innsbrookafterhours.com. A limited number of Early Bird General Admission tickets to each show will be available for one week only.
Killer Queen formed back in June 1993. Their first public shows were at London University, following in the footsteps of the real Queen who had played their first shows their 21 years earlier. By 1995, Killer Queen’s UK popularity had grown to such an extent they secured a residency in London’s Strand Theatre attracting nationwide BBC coverage – the first tribute to have a show in the West End. The band’s reputation continued to grow both in the UK and abroad. In 1999, they won the award for “Worldwide Best Tribute Band” at an awards ceremony hosted by Suggs from Madness and in 2001, scored a number 1 hit when they were asked to recreate Queen’s harmonies for “The Real Life” with Fatboy Slim. In 2016, Killer Queen set their sights on America including the awe-inspiring Red Rocks Arena in Colorado – one of the country’s most prestigious venues. The Beatles, Springsteen, U2 have all played there and the band is delighted it’s become a regular fixture on Killer Queen’s tour sheet.
ABBA The Concert continues to be the top ABBA tribute group in the world, dazzling all who see their fantastic performance while playing the most iconic hits from ABBA, including “Mama Mia,” “S.O.S.,” “Money, Money, Money,” “The Winner Takes All,” “Waterloo,” “Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,” and “Dancing Queen.” Many critics agree, ABBA The Concert is the most amazing and authentic ABBA tribute show in the world.
By his 33rd birthday, RCA Records Nashville artist Chris Young has accumulated an impressive list of accomplishments, including membership in the iconic Grand Ole Opry, eleven career No. 1 singles, seventeen RIAA Gold/Platinum/Multi-Platinum certified projects, 2 GRAMMY nominations, 3 Country Music Association nominations, and 4 Academy of Country Music nominations. As a prolific creator, Chris has given fans 7 studio albums in 12 years including Losing Sleep, his third project in less than two years. The title track is certified Platinum while “Hangin’ On” is his ninth No. 1 as a songwriter. Losing Sleep (2017) and I’m Comin’ Over (2015) debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart with “I’m Comin’ Over” becoming Young’s first 2x Platinum single.
Named “one of his era’s finest traditionalists” by the Associated Press, Chris has quickly become an international ambassador for country music, performing to capacity crowds around the world including the sold-out C2C Festival in the UK. With a hit-packed set that highlights his eleven chart-toppers – including back-to-back No. 1s “Losing Sleep,” “Sober Saturday Night,” “Think Of You,” and “I’m Comin’ Over” – the GRAMMY and ACM nominated vocalist headlined the Chris Young Losing Sleep 2018 World Tour including his first hometown headlining stop at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena playing to a capacity crowd of nearly 14,000 fans, friends, and family. 2019 brings new music – “Raised On Country” – and a new headlining tour – Raised On Country Tour 2019.
Three Sheets to the Wind playing drive-in concert at City Stadium June 13th
Enjoy smooth ’70s and ’80s yacht rock from Three Sheets to the Wind on June 13th at City Stadium – in the comfort and safety of your own vehicle.
Yacht rock tribute band Three Sheets to the Wind, known for their smooth and sultry soft rock vocals and ’70s and ’80s covers, will play a drive-in concert in collaboration with The Broadberry in the parking lot of City Stadium June 13th, it was announced this past weekend.
Tickets, which went on sale this morning, are good for up to four people in one vehicle. In order to maintain social distancing, no one will be allowed outside of their vehicles except to use the restroom at portable toilets, which will be on-site and cleaned often.
Audio from the show will be broadcast live via a lower power FM transmitter to those in attendance.
Learn more and purchase tickets here.
Rules and regulations from The Broadberry staff follow below.
𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 & 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 In order to provide the safest and best Drive-In Concert Experience, we require each participant to observe the following rules:
1. If you are sick, running a fever or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home until you are healthy.
2. For the safety of yourself and others, you should ONLY attend this event with people in your immediate quarantine circle.
3. Tickets can be purchased online only, there will be no box office onsite.
4. All attendees must arrive within a vehicle that is two axles and holding a maximum of 4 people, including children. No campers, motorcycles, buses, or extremely large vehicles will be admitted. No jeeps without doors or convertibles with tops down. No vehicles towing trailers will be admitted.
5. Absolutely no sitting on your car, standing on your car or exiting the vehicle before, after or during the event. NO LAWN OR CAMPING CHAIRS PERMITTED! NO SITTING IN THE BED OF A PICKUP TRUCK.
6. There is absolutely no leaving your vehicle unless there is an essential need, i.e. bathroom breaks. If you must leave your car to use the restroom – WEAR A MASK.
7. Portable toilets will be available on site. Strict guidelines will be provided to ensure safety and cleanliness. Gloves and sanitizer will be available for use.
8. Absolutely no standing outside of the venue or gatherings on the sidewalks of the venue will be allowed and will be enforced by security.
9. Emergency communication options will be provided both in advance of the event as well as upon arrival to the concert.
10. For the safety of concertgoers directly adjacent to your vehicle, refrain from rolling down your car windows more than two inches from the top.
11. Food can be brought from home and eaten in your vehicle. Please only dispose of trash in proper receptacles or bring all trash back home. Please don’t litter!
12. At the conclusion of the concert, please remain in your parking space until directed by event staff to exit the lot. In the case of an emergency, please remain in your space until directed by event staff. Drive slowly and follow all directions.
13. The parking lot will open one hour prior to the start of the show. We suggest arriving early — parking is first-come-first serve.
14. All audio will be streamed via FM transmitter. Please make sure to arrive with a working FM radio in your vehicle or you will not be able to listen to the show. Portable boomboxes and stereos are permissible for vehicles without a functional car stereo.
15. Absolutely no alcohol and/or illegal substances will be permitted at the event or inside your vehicle and violators will be held accountable and prosecuted by state and federal law.
16. No pets are allowed.
17. Absolutely no illicit goods, no fireworks, weapons or guns, knives or laser pointers.
18. Drivers caught concealing other persons or items in their vehicle will be turned away or asked to leave without a refund. All vehicles subject to search.
19. Big trucks and SUVS may be directed to the back of the lot so as to not block the sightlines of other concert-goers.
20. No refund requests or ticket transfers will be granted. This event is rain or shine.
Byrd Theatre curates “Cinematheque Virtuelle” French film series
Knowing how many people missed seeing the French Film Festival in March and look forward to March 2021, the programming committee saw an opportunity to bring a little “Je ne sais quoi” to the Byrd Theatre’s virtual screening room.
The Byrd Theatre’s virtual movie series continues with an all-new theme. Cinematheque Virtuelle is the Byrd Theatre’s newest virtual series. Knowing how many people missed seeing the French Film Festival in March and look forward to March 2021, the programming committee saw an opportunity to bring a little “Je ne sais quoi” to the Byrd Theatre’s virtual screening room.
Many of the films are new releases and others are new to being available for screening. The Alliance Francaise Richmond has graciously partnered with the Byrd Theatre to bring this French Film Series to life.
Cinematheque Virtuelle French Film Series opens May 27th, 2020 with “On a Magical Night” and opens 2 films on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and additional film each day through June 2nd. The complete series will run through June 9th.
On a Magical Night, French Rom-Com
New French Shorts 2020, a collection of short films
The Perfect Nanny, From Rendezvous with French Cinema 2020/Acclaimed Thriller
Papicha, Cannes Film Festival and Cesar-Award Winning Drama
Deerskin, Black Comedy/Thriller
Someone Somewhere, From Rendezvous with French Cinema 2020/Acclaimed Indie Drama
Alice, South By Southwest Grand Jury Prize Winner
Tezzeka, Comedy/Drama for Moroccan/French Cuisine Foodies
Rififi (1955), Classic: French Film Noir
Band of Outsiders (1964), Classic: Godard’s Unofficial Sequel to Breathless
The Byrd Theatre launched the Virtual Screening Room in March and has been looking for interesting films to share with its patrons. The screening room allows people to rent the films, view from the comfort of their own home during Virginia’s Stay at Home order, and help the Byrd Theatre monetarily. The individual distribution companies are splitting the net revenues from rentals with the Byrd Theatre. Win-Win.
Dominion Energy Riverrock announces Virtual Experience with virtual trail events, streaming content to celebrate 2020 festival
“Even though we can’t gather along the James River at our wonderful downtown waterfront, we still want to celebrate Richmond’s vibrant active-living community,” said Megan Schultz, Director of Events for Sports Backers, co-organizers of Dominion Energy Riverrock with Venture Richmond.
Dominion Energy Riverrock is planning its first Virtual Experience to bring the sights and sounds of the festival, which was originally scheduled for May 15-17 before its cancellation due to the COVID-19 outbreak and associated restrictions on large events, directly to viewers and participants. The Virtual Experience will include trail running and mountain bike events for participants to take part in virtually on their own before enjoying the streaming festival highlights show on Saturday, May 16, at 5 p.m.
The virtual races will encourage participants to bring the celebratory spirit home to them. Participants can choose 5k, 10k, or Half Marathon trail running distances, or 10-mile or 20-mile mountain bike distances, then select their own course and complete their race any time before May 31. Participants can also upload and compare their times on an online leaderboard. Virtual event registration is now open at www.riverrockrva.com, and the registration fee of $20 includes a Dominion Energy Riverrock trucker hat with an event entry. As part of the celebration, festival organizers are also hosting a drawing for a prize pack featuring items from event partners including YETI, Sierra Nevada, ENO, nuun, Virginia Lottery, and Capital One, among others. No purchase is necessary to win the prize pack and anyone aged 21 and over can enter to win here.
“Even though we can’t gather along the James River at our wonderful downtown waterfront, we still want to celebrate Richmond’s vibrant active-living community,” said Megan Schultz, Director of Events for Sports Backers, co-organizers of Dominion Energy Riverrock with Venture Richmond. “We believe that the Virtual Experience will be a great way for Dominion Energy Riverrock enthusiasts to engage with the things that make the festival so unique and exciting.”
The streaming highlights show will feature music from several artists originally scheduled to perform during the 2020 Dominion Energy Riverrock, including the Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio, The Hot Seats, and The Northerners, as well as interviews with Dominion Energy Riverrock athletes, demos on mountain biking, slacklining, kayak, and bouldering, and plenty of other festival-related content. The livestream will premiere at 5 p.m. on May 16 on the Dominion Energy Riverrock YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/DominionRiverrock/live) and on Facebook Live (www.facebook.com/riverrockRVA/), and be available for on-demand streaming immediately after. A trailer for the special can be viewed at the Dominion Energy Riverrock Instagram page, @RiverrockRVA.
“We know that Dominion Energy Riverrock is one of the most anticipated weekends of the year in Richmond, so it’s important for us to bring the spirit of the festival to our dedicated community with this Virtual Experience,” said Lisa Sims, CEO of Venture Richmond. “We especially would like to thank Dominion Energy for their support to bring this concept to reality so we can all take part in the festival in our own way.”