Richmond police are on the lookout for a person who shot the windows out of several cars in the Forest Hill neighborhood with a BB gun.
They said they received several reports over the weekend of at least five cars with smashed windows. One of the cars also had a punctured tire.
It happened on New Kent Avenue, between North 43rd Street and Cedar Lane Sunday.
Camera Lost Near Nickel Bridge
If I lost my camera I’d be a shattered wreck.
i was swimming on the south side of the river near the nickel bridge when i had to leave quite suddenly to address an urgent phone call. in doing so, i left behind my mirrorless fuji (in a black bag with a small led flashlight). i went back to check a few hours later and it was gone.
i know it’s a long shot, but i figured i’d post here in case anyone saw it and snagged it or sees one for sale out in the world.
i lost my job because of covid so i have little to offer in terms of a reward, but that camera means a lot to me and i figured i should at least try and see if anyone picked it up.
thanks y’all, be safe in the heat
It appears they were just a little upriver from the bridge. If you happened to have picked up the camera please reach out to u/mostplaces on Reddit. I don’t know this person just feel bad for their loss.
Critters of the Week
A wild critter we spotted in the RVA area and a critter up for adoption by SPCA or RACC.
Where Spotted: Bryan Park
Common Name: Spicebush Swallowtail
Scientific Name: Papilio troilus
Wingspan: 92-124 mm (3.83-4.78 in)
- Males are reported to drink from mud puddles. More commonly, they are extracting minerals from wet soil, not from puddles.
- Males patrol host plants and flyways to locate females.
- The spicebush swallowtail is threatened throughout its range due to mortality of its caterpillar host plants from laurel wilt fungus which is transmitted by the introduced red bay ambrosia beetle.
- A male spicebush swallowtail was featured on the third butterfly stamp (issued January, 2013) in the U.S. Postal Service’s series of stamps for large greeting cards.
- The spicebush swallowtail is found throughout the eastern half of the United States from southern Canada south to southern Florida (except the Miami area and Keys) and west to Texas. It is less common farther west from the Mississippi River.
Oxford Comma at Richmond SPCA
Oxford Comma is the name…don’t wear it out! I can be a bit of a stickler for grammar, but I promise I won’t get on you too much! If you’re in need of a sophisticated pal, come meet me at the Richmond SPCA!
Age: 4 years, 5 months
Gender: Neutered Male
To reduce visitor traffic, during the COVID-19 outbreak they are scheduling adoption appointments beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Please leave your phone number in a voicemail or email and an adoption counselor will call to set an appointment for you to meet with a pet. Email the adoption center or call 804-521-1307.
Help James River Park System Clean-up the Dry Rocks Area
Spotted on RVA Clean Sweep Facebook a chance to help make the river a nicer area to visit.
The James River Park System is hosting a cleanup of the Dry Rocks area on the south side of Belle Isle. They will have supplies for everyone and it goes from 9 am-12 pm so you can come at any point during that time. I’ll be there early to beat the heat and I’d advise doing the same. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes and drink plenty of water, I’ve been told that the area is extremely littered so there will be lots of work for everyone, hope to see some of you there.