River City Integrative Counseling will be offering free Depression Screenings to mark National Depression Screening day for 2018. This Thursday on October 11th from 12-4 PM at 5511 Staples Mill Road.
They will also be providing information on signs and symptoms, as well as general information about depression and other related disorders as well as referral for treatment for those who may be interested.
The event is free and screenings can be scheduled by contacting their offices (contact information above in the graphic). A screening on average may take about 20 minutes. Three counselors will be on site to meet with individuals who would like a screening.
The symptoms of depression can vary greatly depending on gender and age. Some of the common warning signs of depression can include:
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness.
- Loss of interest in daily activities.
- Appetite or weight changes.
- Sleep changes, either oversleeping or insomnia.
- Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
- Sudden rage or anger.
- Concentration problems such as trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things.
If you’re not comfortable with the free screening but still would like to talk to someone please call the 24-hour, toll-free confidential National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or go to www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.