With the hashtag #Dreams4RPS launched an initiative to involve the public in the path Richmond Public Schools take going forward.
An Online Survey for you to, “Share your thoughts about specific details and action steps that will help us to achieve our #Dreams4RPS.”
We used the community input from Stage 1 to identify themes. We organized those themes into the following five buckets.
- Recruit and retain talented educators.
- Provide rich and exciting instruction.
- Improve school infrastructure and operations.
- Ensure safe and positive school culture.
- Authentically engage families and communities.
In the survey that follows, we will ask you how you define success in each of these areas. We also want to hear any action steps you think will be important in getting us there.
The second part is In Person Meetings, “We will host one session in each district during Stage 2. Come help us brainstorm a definition of success and specific action steps to get us there.”
The first meeting is tonight.
- District 4 Meeting – Westover Hills Elementary School, Jahnke Road, Thursday, June 28th 6 PM
- District 2 Meeting – William Fox Elementary School, Hanover Avenue, Richmond, Friday, June 29th 6:30 PM
- District 5 Meeting – JB Carey Elementary, 3021 Maplewood Ave, Monday, July 9th, 5 PM
- District 3 Meeting – Ginter Park Elementary, 3817 Chamberlayne Ave, Monday, July 9th, 6:30 PM
- District 7 Meeting – Fairfield Court Elementary School, Phaup Street, Tuesday, July 10th, 6 PM
- District 1 Meeting – Albert Hill Middle School, Patterson Avenue, Wednesday, July 11th, 6 PM
- District 8 Meeting – Blackwell Elementary School, Everett Street, Thursday, July 12th, 6 PM