Batman and Joker are interwoven into modern pop culture. Walk into any major retail store and you’ll find Batman and/or Joker branded products. One of the many reasons for the popularity of these two foes is the great movies they’ve starred in.
This weekend you can enjoy them all at Gallery 5.
Gallery5 and Movie Club Richmond have teamed up to give you the 5 Darkest Nights this fall with the Batman Film Festival. We have picked the greatest Batman films of every era of the Gotham Legend. All showings are at Gallery5 and will start no later than 15 minutes after door time. Be prompt!
James Callahan has done an amazing job and created an individual poster for each film which can be pre-ordered alone. These will be limited to the amount of pre-orders and a handful available for sale at the shows.
Most importantly there will be an open Batcave and costume contest in between showings on October 1st from 3-5pm, this is free and open to the public. Prizes will be rewards for Best Bat Person (Adult and Child) and Best Villain or Sidekick (Adult and Child). Use your best imagination on best best bat person think outside the box like James River Batperson, Firefighter Batperson, ect.
You can see the images the posters are based on above in the header. If you’re interested in catching a movie here’s the schedule. The official site has very nice summaries of each movie that you should check out and also where you can purchase tickets.
- 9/27/17 – Batman: The Movie (1966), 8 pm, Free (NO TICKET NEEDED)
- 9/28/17 – Mask of the Phantasm (1993) w/Harley & Ivy + Heart of Ice, 7 pm, $5 ticket only or $13 ticket and poster
- 9/29/17 – Batman (1989)/Batman Returns (1992) Double Feature, 7 pm, $7 ticket only or $13 ticket and poster
- 9/30/17 – The Dark Knight, 7 pm, $5 ticket only or $13 ticket and poster
- 10/1/2017 – The LEGO Batman Movie (2017), 1 pm & 5 pm, $5 ticket only or $13 ticket and poster
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.