Whether you’re new to town or have lived in Richmond your entire life, there’s no better way to get to know every facet of the city than by walking its streets.
The Valentine begins a summer-long series of neighborhood walking tours this weekend, allowing attendees the opportunity to explore the history and evolution of Richmond’s diverse neighborhoods. The tours go beyond the highlights, uncovering each neighborhood’s best-kept secrets while sharing the resident’s stories and memories.
The first, this Saturday, April 15th, will explore the burgeoning Scott’s Addition neighborhood, with a full schedule to include:
- April – Scott’s Addition
- May – Northside
- June – Shockoe Bottom
- July – Church Hill and Union Hill
- August – Carytown and Byrd Park
- September – Jackson Ward
- October – The Fan
April’s tours include:
- Highlights of Hollywood Cemetery Walking Tours, offered daily Monday – Saturday, April – October, 10:00 AM – noon
- Along the River Bicycle Tours, offered daily Tuesday – Saturday, April – October, 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Scott’s Addition Insiders’ Walking Tour, offered Saturday, April 15th, 10:00 AM – noon
- History of Scott’s Addition Walking Tour, offered Sunday, April 16th from 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- History Hounds Explore Scott’s Addition, offered Saturday, April 22nd, 10:00 AM – noon (Dogs welcome on this tour)
- Highlights of Hollywood Cemetery Walking Tour, offered Sunday, April 23rd from 2:00 – 4:00 PM
For tour descriptions and starting locations, visit The Valentine’s website. To make a tour reservation, call 804.649.0711 ext. 301.
Tours are $15 per person; $5 for Valentine Members and children ages 12 and under.
Will you help support independent, local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small, independent publication, and we depend on our readers to help us provide a vital community service. If you enjoy our content, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be immensely grateful! Interested in advertising your business, organization, or event? Get the details here.