The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is hosting a job fair for veterans next week featuring a variety of local and national companies.
The event, “Virginia Values Veterans,” takes place at the VMFA on February 16th from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Representatives from the following entities are expected to attend:
- Dominion Virginia Power
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Community College System
- Virginia Department of Corrections
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Virginia State Police
- University of Virginia
The job fair is being hosted just as the museum received its V3 certification from the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Veterans Services. This program helps employers implement nationally recognized best practices to recruit, hire, and retain veterans in the workforce. While veterans are the focus of the event, all job seekers are invited to attend.
Parking will be available in the VMFA’s deck Parking Deck for $5 (parking is free for members). Free street parking is also available, and GRTC bus service is available to the museum via routes 3, 4, and 16.