February 24, 2017

Dog alerts homeowner, roommate to bedroom fire in Glen Allen Wednesday morning

A West End woman and her roommate credit their dog for allowing them to escape their burning home unscathed.

From WTVR:

Two women escaped a Glen Allen house fire Wednesday morning thanks – in part – to a dog.

“He was making some funny sounds and I knew something was terribly wrong,” Joyce Lieser, 72, said about her roommate’s dog.

Lieser sent her roommate upstairs to figure out what was going on.

“It was the smoke and fire,” Lieser said sitting outside her fire damaged Darrowby Road home. “She [her roommate] left a cigarette in an ashtray and I guess it fell onto the bed or something.”

Both women and the dog escaped unharmed.

Read the full story here.

Comments

comments

About Trevor Dickerson 686 Articles
Trevor Dickerson is the co-founder and editor of RVAhub.com, lover of all things Richmond, and a master of karate and friendship for everyone.
Read previous post:
Style Weekly dives into the life of Townley Haas in this week’s cover story

The piece explores Haas' early life, how he got into swimming, and what's next for the gold medal-winning athlete.

Close