The semi-annual Bellevue Clean-Up is Saturday, April 9 from 8 am to 12 pm.
– We need volunteers to help pick up trash in the alleys. Please meet at 8 am at the CVS parking lot at Bellevue and Brook Roads. There will be donuts. And please feel free to come even if you can only spare an hour or two. We suggest you bring work gloves.
– The garbage truck will be focusing on the alleys *north* of Bellevue Ave. That means that any trash placed in the alleys north of Bellevue Ave. should be picked up by the volunteers. We will focus on alleys south of Bellevue Ave. in the fall.
– No, the truck won’t pick up all trash. The City will not accept hazardous materials, broken glass, building materials, or electronics. You can dispose of bulk household trash, yard waste, tires, and furniture.
– If you live south of Bellevue Ave., you may bring your trash to the median intersection of Fauquier and Nottoway Avenues – there will be a sign – BETWEEN 8 am and 11:30 am on Saturday, April 9. Please do NOT bring trash there before/after that time period. The garbage truck will swing by to collect it.
– Bulk trash pick-ups. The best way to arrange for a bulk trash pick-up is to follow the steps on this website.